A Reversible Hooded Vest




EDITED: Seven hours later I'm back as I promised with the good photos! This little girl always wakes up in such a good mood! (I wish I was the same, ha!) I can't delete the photo above because that's the one I have linked to PR&P's link-up. Now to the good photos and the best smiles. :) 









Hi there! Two posts on the same day, I know! After being tormented by all sorts of bugs and the flu since the beginning of this year (since Dec. 31st to be precise) this week for the first time all 5 human beings (plus 3 fishes) living in this home are in perfect good health. Woot! I am finally back to sewing up a storm! :) 

Actually where I live it is already 2am so it is not two posts on the same day... is it? :) 
Well, I really need to be going to bed now. This is just a super quick post to publish some photos of the reversible hooded vest I made today for this month's challenge on Project Run & Play.

The free pattern for this month is the Mademoiselle Muscle Tee, from Living With Punks.
Since it is still Winter around here I decided to change the pattern to a vest! And what is better than a hooded vest? A reversible hooded vest! :) 

I have used a red woolen blend on one side (a leftover from this cape) and a stripey interlock knit on the other. I think I love it better with the stripes on the outside... What do you think?

Oh, I haven't sewn any buttons yet because I am not being able to choose the perfect buttons at this moment... I have a few options over my sewing table but it is too late and my brain is half asleep now... :)  



So, since it is very late and my sweet model is already in bed, I had to take these a couple of bad light photos to make my entry at the link-up because it will be closed while I am sleeping... (4h1m from now :) )  was about to close! 
I will edit this post to replace these photos with some cute modeled ones. Sometime between tomorrow and Sunday. Thank you for your understanding and I hope you come back! :)  Done!!

(Talk about being at the last minute!... Phew! :) )

Oh, I was almost forgetting, I am planning on having a simple tutorial (sometime during this week) on how to alter the muscle tee pattern into a vest! 

Happy sewing! 


21 comments

  1. Ainda bem que já está tudo de boa saúde. O colete é tão fofo! Adorei e acho que vou fazer um para o mais pequeno cá de casa. Bons sonhos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ainda bem, mesmo! :) Já está pelos cabelos com tanta bicheza...
      Obrigada! O colete é super fácil de fazer a partir de um molde de t-shirt. Vou tentar fazer o passo-a-passo este semana.

      Delete
  2. Yes, the pic in the link up doesn't do justice to the real vest. It's super cute on your super cute model. I couldn't make it to the February challenge. In other words, I knew I won't be in this month, but I can't keep checking the link up. I hope you are in the top ten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww... Thank you! I'm glad you liked it!!
      I was so frustrated that I couldn't be in for January's link-up... I almost missed this month's challenge too... So happy I could find a couple of hours to make something today, even if I had to go to bed so late... I think I need a nap today. :)

      Delete
  3. phew! Glad to hear the fishies are well too ;) Love the outfit. I think it is the same vest I made for LM last spring? It is gorgeous, and I think everything looks better in red ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha :) The fishes were the most healthy creatures in this home for the last weeks. :)
      I had to go see the vest you made for LM, it looks alike yes! Although yours has a lowered rounded back and it's more wide and round at the front edges. Still, very similar! But hey, a hooded vest is a hooded vest there isn't much to be original with when making one, right? :D

      Delete
    2. And yes, everything looks better in red. ;)

      Delete
  4. Uau! Muito giro, sabes que adoro coletes! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! So very awesome, reversible, hooded, a cape! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeahhh todos bem finalmente! Adorei o colete Sara! Fico à espera do teu tutorial =D... ai essas cores! Adoro, já sabes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tão giro Sara!
    As riscas são mesmo uma perdição e a cor fica-lhe lindamente :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ficou espectacular! Adoro a combinaçao dos tecidos... Ca em casa somos todos fans de coletes! Fico a espera desse tutorial :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, great vest, love the rounded corners in the front!

      Delete
  10. So, so cute!! I love it with the polka dot shirt underneath, too. And reversible...woot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so stinking cute Sara!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad that you squeezed this in the group!! I love it. It is absolutely adorable!!!
    -liZ

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have you posted the tutorial for the hooded vest? If so when will it be posted? I want to make several of these for my donations this year. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I am glad you liked it and want to make it for such a good cause! I haven't had the time yet to work on the tutorial, I am so sorry!... But I will work on it soon! If you want to make sure you don't miss it, then maybe you could drop me a line by email so I can have your email and let you know once it's done. :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by! Feel free to leave a comment and I will get back to you soon!