Kaleidoscope Top (KCW Fall 2013)


Second project for KCW: two Kaleidoscope tops, pattern from See Kate Sew






Recently I have tested a new pattern from See Kate Sew, for her last collection - The Nostalgia collection, before it was released. I enjoyed it so much (see my post about it) that I bought the entire collection once it was released!
The Kaleidoscope was a favorite! I just love that bow (which is optional).

My daughter I. is starting her ballet classes this Friday, so I had to chose a ballet themed print for the bow! (I don't know who the designer is, so if you know please let me know! I would love that!)




And because I like to dress both girls alike, I had to make one Kaleidoscope top for R. too. This print from Riley Blake (from the Fly a Kite collection) was just perfect!




The pattern is very easy to sew. I think it is p-e-r-f-e-c-t for beginners. 

Sewing knits is always a challenge to me, since I don't have a serger... But luckly my sewing machine has a stretch sewing mode and I also used an appropriate needle for knits (ball pointed), so that helped.





[I am sorry for the terrible photos but the weather was really cloudy and rainy today and I couldn't take pictures outside...]

No comments

Thank you for stopping by! Feel free to leave a comment and I will get back to you soon!